Boundless by Cynthia Hand

Release date: 1 February 2013

Publisher: HarperCollins Australia

Number of pages: 448

My rating: 5/5 stars

OHMYGOD *hyperventilates*, excuse me while I gather my emotions! *hyperventilates* Boundless is a perfect end to a perfect trilogy, and just thinking about it makes me want to go home and hug my copy.

As soon as Boundless came out, I just knew I had to go out and get it. Unearthly and Hallowed were both amazing, and will stay in my favorite's list forever, but Boundless makes this official. This is one of my favorite series ever. Congratulations to Cynthia Hand for making me hyperventilate like a madman.

And look at that amazing cover!

I'm 100% happy with how the trilogy ended.

Now, this trilogy isn't perfect for anyone. If you prefer fast paced non-stop action to a slow book, then this trilogy might not be for you. Luckily, even though all the books in the series are paced pretty slow, there is a heap of action, and plenty about growing up. Each book stretches over months of time.

As with all the previous books, almost every single character was perfect. They were all well developed. I particulary loved Clara, Billy, Tucker, and Samjeeza.

However, out of every single character in the Unearthly trilogy, I loved Samjeeza the most. He was an interesting character with a deep backstory. He was perfectly written.

My least favorite character was Angela. I disliked her from book one, because she always seemed to be hiding something. Unfortunately for me, she does make quite an appearance in Boundless.

I'm very happy with the ending. It was a perfect ending to a perfect trilogy (minus Angela). Now, I won't give away any spoilers on who she ends up with, but I'm very happy with how the love triangle was resolved. By the end, it almost didn't really matter who she ended up up with, because everything was just done so well.

Anyway, all ends were closed perfectly. Everything is resolved very nicely. Cynthia Hand is definitely an author to watch out for, and I'll definitely be reading her Unearthly trilogy again. And again... And again... And again... (times infinity).

Comments

Popular Posts