Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

Release date: January 1 2012

Publisher: Harpercollins Australia

Number of pages: 395

My rating: 5/5

Ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod! I read Hallowed like two weeks ago and I'm still fangirling over it! Hallowed was amazing! Seriously amazing! I was worried that it wouldn't top Unearthly, but boy, was I wrong!

Hallowed continues on after the events of Unearthly. Clara is confused about her purpose, and her brother is acting weird. Hallowed is one of those books that you can't explain to anyone. Much of it is about growth, and if asked what Unearthly/Hallowed is about, I'll usually say: Err, see, there's this angel, and umm... It's really awesome, you see. Umm.... JUST READ THE BOOK!!

I don't know why my brain seems to stop when asked to explain this book, but seriously, it's awesome and if you haven't read it, you really should. It's not a very fast paced book, and it's not one of those adrenaline packed books. It focuses a lot on growth and character development.

I love the main character, Clara. She's amazing, and nice, and everything awesome.

The secondary characters were great too. Everyone was well developed, and had their own personalities and problems. I especially loved Samjeeza, he's so interesting, and seems to care for Clara's mother a lot. If he doesn't show up in Boundless, I'm gonna kill Cynthia Hand. (Okay, not really, but I'll be pretty damn annoyed.)

I love the angel mythology in this. Everything makes sense, and you can tell that Cynthia Hand has done her research. This book makes books like Fallen look like a pile of shit (Which they are). Ditch Fallen and every other angel book (except for Sweet Evil, cause that's amazing) and read Unearthly!

One thing I was annoyed with is the crappy cover. (I'm talking about the Aussie one here). The first one had an amazing red gown in it, and this one has a... a... a stained curtain? Really? And the snow just washes the cover out. Fingers crossed we get an amazing cover for Boundless!

5/5 stars. A must read! (Well, for anyone who's read Unearthly)

Comments

Popular Posts